We chat to Coach Lynch from St Benedict’s in 2018 “To be competitive and to play an attractive brand of rugby”
Name of school: St Benedict’s College
Number of rugby teams: 13
Head of rugby: Morne Nel
1st XV Head coach: Katleho Lynch
As head of rugby Morne what is your main aim for the 2018 season for your school?
We want to be competitive and strive to be one of the best private schools in Johannesburg which we have potential to be. That makes this season very exciting.
Q and a with first XV coach Katleho Lynch
- When did your pre season start? October 2017
- What is your team’s motto for 2018? Good things happen to good people.
- Which SA rugby team do you support and why? The Sharks. They have a decent set piece and back their own strengths with some exciting youngsters.
- What is your general “gut” feeling for the season ahead? We are looking to stick to the process and take each game as it comes. But we are hopeful of achieving a quality set of results with this strong group of players.
- What is the most important attribute you are looking in any player? To be coach able and to be a great team player.
- In the 2018 season who do you rate as your most difficult opponents? All our opponents are going to be tough to beat we just have to make sure that we stick to our guns.
- What is your aim this year? To be competitive and to play an attractive brand of rugby.
- Who is the one school you always love to beat. We respect each and every team that we play against so winning each game is always a special feeling but Jeppe Boys High and Kes are always going to be great to win.
- What is funniest thing you have ever seen on a rugby field? When a referee gets in the way of the play.
- What schools rugby moment will you cherish for ever in your life? When my 1st XV beat Jeppe in 2017 for the first time in 15 years that was a special day for the whole school.